Tom Ka Gai - Thai Chicken And Galangal Coconut Cream SoupFrom allthai 6 years ago
- * ¾ cup chicken stock or plain water shopping list
- * 200g chicken breast (skinned) shopping list
- * 10g thinly sliced fresh young galangal shopping list
- * ½ cup coconut cream shopping list
- * ¾ cup coconut milk shopping list
- * 6g kaffir lime leaves, stem removed and torn shopping list
- * 10g red shallots. peeled shopping list
- * 40g straw mushrooms sliced, substitute with chanterelles or oysters shopping list
- mushrooms torn shopping list
- * 10 grams or 1 stalk of lemon grass bruised and sliced into 1 inch lengths shopping list
- * 1 tbsp coriander or cilantro leaves shopping list
- * 1 coriander root scraped shopping list
- * 1 - 2 tbsp lime juice shopping list
- * 1 - 2 tbsp Thai fish sauce shopping list
- * 10g red bird's eye chilies shopping list
How to make it
- In a sauce pan, combine stock or water with coconut cream and coconut milk.
- Boil over high heat.
- Add the galangal, lemongrass, red shallots, chilies, coriander root and mushrooms.
- Add the chicken and simmer until tender. Add the kaffir lime leaves, fish sauce and lime juice and continue simmering until fragrant.
- Remove from heat and transfer to the serving bowl. Garnish with fresh coriander and serve.
- The soup should be rich and creamy, salty, sour and spicy.
- You can see the video making this dish taught by Chef Chanrat Karatna, nickname Air, at his cooking school in Chiang Mai Thailand on You Tube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57Az10vFzII
The Cookallthai Chiang Mai, TH
The Rating6 people
I made similar and it is delcious!midgelet in Eastern loved it
Yes, great recipe! Thanks for the post! High 5valinkenmore in Malott loved it
Thank you for this recipe! It is my husband's favourite soup and we have only tasted it at our local (excellent) Thai restaurant.
I may have to hunt for one or two of the ingredients but I might now be able to cook it at home for Tom!
moresitbynellie in Glasgow loved it