Ginger Cake with Caramel Apple ToppingFrom valinkenmore 6 years ago
- 2 cups Yoplait 99% Fat Free creamy vanilla yogurt shopping list
- 1/2 cup caramel fat-free topping shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup molasses shopping list
- 1/3 cup canola oil shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 medium tart apple, chopped shopping list
- lemon juice shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 9-inch square pan. In medium bowl, mix 3/4 cup of the yogurt and the caramel topping; cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- In large bowl, beat remaining 1 1/4 cups yogurt and all remaining ingredients except apple and lemon juice with electric mixer on low speed 45 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Beat on medium speed 1 minute, scraping bowl occasionally, until well blended. Stir in half of the chopped apple. Pour batter into pan. Sprinkle lemon juice over remaining apple; cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- 3. Bake 38 to 43 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool slightly. Serve with topping mixture and remaining chopped apple.
- High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Grease and flour 13x9-inch pan. Use 2 eggs. Bake 42 to 47 minutes.
- You can use 3 (6-oz) containers of Yoplait Original 99% Fat Free French vanilla yogurt instead of the yogurt in the recipe if you like.
- Did You Know?
- The apple needs a split personality: peel the half that will be stirred into the batter; leave the peel on the remaining half for a more colorful topping.
The Cookvalinkenmore Malott, WA
The Rating3 people
looks and sounds good to me also...can't go wrong with caramel and apples with cake!!! five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
Mmmmm...this does look and sound heavenly! Ginger and apples go so well together!juels in Clayton loved it
This was a great find. I love ginger and especially when paired with apples! Thanks!!mrsc543 in North Reading loved it