Canadian TourtiereFrom kidaria 7 years ago
- 1 pound lean ground pork shopping list
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef shopping list
- 1 onion, diced shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sage shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Combine pork, beef, onion, garlic, water, salt, thyme, sage, black pepper and cloves in a skillett
- Cook over medium heat until mixture boils. Reduce heat to low and simmer until meat is cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Spoon the meat mixture into the pie crust.
- Place top crust on top of pie and pinch edges together.
- Cut slits in top crust so steam can escape.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes until golden brown.
- Let cool 15 minutes before slicing.
The Cookkidaria BC, CA
The Rating4 people
I have never heard of these but they sound yummy! Will definitely give this a try! Thanks for the post.valinkenmore in Malott loved it
Love meat pies!frandee in Burnaby loved it
Mmmm! Didn't know what Tourtiere was - do now! I think I will try this!
Susansitbynellie in Glasgow loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!