TiramisuFrom shandy 4 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 7 yolks shopping list
- 1 cup sugar for yolks shopping list
- 3 cups or 1 (750-gram) container mascarpone shopping list
- 4 1/2 tablespoons water shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons powdered gelatin shopping list
- 3 egg whites shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar for whites shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups cooled espresso shopping list
- 1/2 cup kalhua shopping list
- 20 to 24 ladyfingers shopping list
- 1 cup chocolate shavings shopping list
How to make it
- In a mixer with the whip attachment, whip yolks and sugar until thick and pale in color (ribbon stage). Add mascarpone and whip until well incorporated. Pour water into a small bowl then pour powdered gelatin over it. Do not stir. Allow gelatin to absorb all of the water (about 15 minutes) then place the bowl on top of a small saucepan containing simmering water (creating a double boiler). Immediately turn off the heat and allow the gelatin to dissolve completely. In a separate bowl, whip egg whites to a soft peak, gradually add sugar, then slowly pour in dissolved gelatin. Whip to a stiff, glossy peak. Fold whites into mascarpone and yolk mixture then fold in whipped cream.
- In a separate bowl, combine espresso and kalhua. Soak 1 ladyfinger at a time in the espresso mixture. In an 8 by 10-inch pan, arrange soaked ladyfingers close together in neat rows until the bottom of the pan is completely covered. Pour 1/2 of the mousse over the ladyfingers and smooth with a rubber spatula. Sprinkle 1/2 of the chocolate shavings over mousse. Create another layer and chill until set.
- Keeping my fingers out of the dessert before getting it to work was next to possible. I used a spoon instead.
The Cookshandy Port Orchard, WA
The Rating4 people
Oh boy, this sounds good. I have to try it real soon. Thanks & 5 forksbrianna in loved it
mmmm I love tiramisu!magali777 in Mexico loved it
WOW! Another great post!m2googee in Tomball loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!