Japanese Chicken and RiceFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- 1 to 1.5kg chicken pieces or chicken breast cut into pieces shopping list
- 1/4 Cup oil or butter shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon of pepper shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 large garlic clove, minced shopping list
- 2 Cups chicken stock shopping list
- 1 Cup orange juice shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain rice shopping list
- 1 green or red capsicum, shopping list
- 1 grated rind of one orange shopping list
- 1/4 Teaspoon paprika pepper – Hot or sweet as desired shopping list
- 1/2 Teaspoon cumin - ground shopping list
- 1/2 Teaspoon oregano - dried shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice - fresh shopping list
- 2 Tablespoon parsley - chopped shopping list
- 4 thin slices orange shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter or margarine in a large pot.
- Add chicken pieces and onion and capsicum.
- Sauté until onion is tender.
- Stir in orange juice.
- Simmer over low heat 1 minute to blend flavors.
- Add orange peel, Cumin, oregano, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Cook 1 minute then add broth and remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil then Reduce heat and cover.
- Simmer over low heat 30 minutes.
- Stir rice into liquid between pieces of chicken or remove chicken, stir in rice, then return chicken pieces to skillet. Cover.
- Simmer 30 minutes longer or until rice is tender.
- Garnish with Slices of Orange.
- Makes 6 to 8 servings.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating6 people
Sounds wonderful!!noola in Peterborough loved it
love this recipe thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
This sounds so very tasty. I bet the chicken is moist and sweet You get 5 forks from me.victoriaregina in USA loved it
Cooking Chicken203 members
Japanese Food290 members
Ethnic Family Traditions Our Heritage Together135 members
Asian Foods237 members
Chicken Its Whats For DInner121 members
Chicken Please145 members
Rice Rice And More Rice60 members
Rice This Way Folks124 members
Anything Rice16 members
Cookin With Chicken65 members