Tomato Sauce Alla NapolitanaFrom joe1155 7 years ago
How to make it
- Crush and peel the garlic.
- Heat a pan and add the olive oil. When hot add the chili pepper. Cook until it takes some color. Add the garlic and cook until golden (NOT brown or it will be bitter). Remove the garlic and pepper. The garlic and pepper should flavor the oil, but not be in the finished sauce.
- Add the tomato puree, bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium and let reduce until it is as thick as you like. (For me this was about 10 minutes.)
- Add some salt and pepper.
- Add the basil leaves and add your favorite pasta to the pan. Mix and serve.
People Who Like This Dish 5
The Cookjoe1155 Munchen, DE
The Rating7 people
This is completely wonderful. I love sauce and this one is tops. Thanks Joe!!!puddlewonderful in Beverly Hills Adjacent loved it
Was looking for a different sauce to serve on pasta. Will be trying this.
Thank you for posting.chefwannabeone in Prospect Hts loved it
Great recipe. Thank you for sharing!quaziefly in ALL POINTS loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!