Spicey Chicken And RiceFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- One whole cut-up chicken (3-4 lbs) shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice shopping list
- 2 tbl vegetable oil (though I sometimes use extra virgin olive oil) shopping list
- 3 cups cold water shopping list
- For the spice mixture: shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp pepper shopping list
- 2 tsp coriander shopping list
- 2 tsp cumin shopping list
- 1 tsp turmeric shopping list
- 1 tsp paprika shopping list
How to make it
- Saute the onions in oil until lightly brown
- Mix the onions and rice in one layer in a shallow baking dish.
- Add half of the spice mixture to the cold water and add the salt.
- Pour mixture slowly over the rice and onions.
- Add the chicken pieces to the baking dish and rub the remaining spices onto the chicken.
- Bake uncovered for at 375 degrees (F) for 90 minutes (varies depending on your oven, mine takes a bit long).
- Since the the brown rices cooks more slowly than white rice, it should be ready at the same time as the chicken, and all the water should be absorbed.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating5 people
Mmmmm i love the spices in it sounds yummy
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Cooking Chicken203 members
Ethnic Family Traditions Our Heritage Together135 members
From Middle Eastern Lands254 members
Chicken Its Whats For DInner121 members
Chicken Please145 members
Rice Rice And More Rice60 members
Rice This Way Folks124 members
Cookin With Chicken65 members
Chicken Little167 members