Blackened GrouperFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon onion powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered thyme shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered oregano shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground paprika shopping list
- 1 pound red grouper fillets skinned shopping list
- 4 tablespoons melted butter shopping list
- 1 tablespoon oil for frying shopping list
How to make it
- Combine flour and spices then mix well.
- Brush fillets with butter then rub spice mixture all over fillets.
- Heat oil in iron pan over high heat until very hot then add fillets and cook 3 minutes per side.
- Serve immediately.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating6 people
Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! I have had Red Fish, Salmon and Catfish done this way but not with this array of spices. I have never had grouper but hear it is wonderful. It is very "pricey" up here in Seattle but I shall try this spice blend on...morevalinkenmore in Malott loved it
I can't get grouper here in Ontario, Canada...but we have other fish and I intend to give this recipe a good try on a similar locally available type. Having said all that, thanks for an intriguing post that goes directly into my try-it file. Thanks...moretheoldprof in Belleville loved it
A Smokin High Five. RWefitobx in Norfolk loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!