Pineapple Meringue PieFrom zena824 5 years ago
- 3 eggs, separated shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 cups crushed pineapple, undrained shopping list
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1 tablespoon water shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 1 baked 9 inch pastry shell shopping list
How to make it
- Beat egg yolks; combine yolks, sugar, flour, pineapple, lemon juice, and salt in top of double boiler; stir well.
- Cook over boiling water, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Remove from heat; stir in butter.
- Pour mixture into pastry shell.
- Cream egg whites, water, cream of tartar, and vanilla extract in a small mixing bowl; beat until foamy.
- Gradually add sugar; continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Spread meringue over pie and seal edges carefully.
- Bake at 400 degrees about 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool. Refrigerate pie until chilled.
The Cookzena824 Somewhere, USA, AR
The Rating1 people
Love pineapple this sounds so good!! got my 5shirleyoma in Cove loved it