Easy Cuban Black Beans and RiceFrom midgelet 4 years ago
- 1 lb dried black bean, sorted and rinsed shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 1 14.5-oz can diced tomatoes, undrained shopping list
- 5 cups water shopping list
- 2 Tbs olive oil shopping list
- 4 Tbs ground cumin (optional) shopping list
- 2 finely chopped jalapenos( or as desried ) shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 4 cups hot cooked rice, for serving shopping list
How to make it
- Soak beans overnight and discard soak water.
- Combine all ingredients except rice in crock-pot and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or until beans are tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove bay leaves.
- Serve beans over rice.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating4 people
i love black beans and rice...this is a great way to cook it... ^5peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
CrockPots Are Cool Again852 members
Spanish And Hispanic Food141 members
CrockPot Capers163 members
Crock Potslow Cooker196 members
A Pot Of Beans48 members
Vegetarian Spicy Delights40 members
All Things Vegetarian65 members
Slow Cookers Unite48 members
Packages Jars And Cans29 members
Crock Pot Cooking67 members