Candy Easter EggsFrom blondeberry 6 years ago
- 1 cup hot mashed potatoes (OR 1 cup instant) shopping list
- 1 box confectioners sugar shopping list
- Flavor Ingredients: chopped dates, coconut, 1 T. peanut butter, 1 tsp. vanilla or peppermint extract (use food coloring or leave white) shopping list
- chocolate coating: 1/2 lb. simi-sweet chocolate squares, 2 Tbsp. water, 2 Tbsp. butter. shopping list
How to make it
- Work together the sugars into hot potatoes, using as much sugar as mixture will absorb without becoming crumbly.
- Divide mixture into quarters and add any of the listed flavor ingredients to each quarter.
- Shape the candy into eggs and chill in the refrigerator.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler, stir in water and butter.
- Keep mixture hot while dipping eggs into it.
- Use a fork to dip the egg into chocolate.
- Place eggs on waxed paper to dry.
The Cookblondeberry Charleston, SC
The Rating5 people
Great post wonderful recipe thanks blondeberry love itmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Very interesting recipe, sounds really good. Thanks for sharing, and nice to see ya, Deb!
Debdebbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!