Grilled RatatouilleFrom notyourmomma 7 years ago
- 2 zucchini, cut into quarters lengthwise shopping list
- 2 yellow squash, cut into quarters lengthwise shopping list
- 2 Japanese eggplants, halved lengthwise shopping list
- 2 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and quartered shopping list
- 2 green or yellow bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and quartered shopping list
- 2 red onions, quartered shopping list
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes shopping list
- 1/2 cup of good quality olive oil, plus two tbsp extra shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp of crushed red pepper shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh oregano leaves shopping list
- 1/4 cup of fresh basil, chiffonade cut shopping list
- 2 strips of lemon zest, no white pith-stud with a whole clove for a distinct flavor addition shopping list
How to make it
- HEAT grill to medium high.
- PLACE all cut vegetables and the tomatoes (plus the clove studded lemon peel) in a large shallow baking dish, add the scant 1/2 cup olive oil and toss to coat.
- Season with salt and crushed red pepper (keep the tomatoes separate from rest of vegetables in baking dish). Easier said than done!
- Place the vegetables on the grill and cook 5 to 6 minutes, turning half way through the cooking time.
- Remove the tomatoes, cover grill and cook the remaining vegetables for 2 minutes, or until almost cooked through.
- Transfer vegetables to a cutting board and coarsely chop (leaving tomatoes whole),
- Remove the lemon peel and discard.
- Place the chopped vegetables and tomatoes in a large bowl, add the 2 Tbsp. of olive oil, garlic, oregano and basil.
- May sub parsley for the basil, if desired.
- Season with additional salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Wonderful with hot grilled french bread.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating5 people
great recipe... thank you for the post.. five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
Planning to make a ratatoille dish this week. Thanks for the inspiration. !!!!!5nadaism in Bathurst loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!