Veggie EnchiladasFrom mommyluvs2cook 5 years ago
- 10 corn tortillas shopping list
- vegetable oil shopping list
- 1-2 cans enchilada sauce, I personally like the green shopping list
- 1/2 onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 large (or whole small) zucchini, chopped shopping list
- 1 tomato, chopped shopping list
- about 1 cup frozen corn, thawed, or 1 can corn shopping list
- 1 can black beans drained shopping list
- cheddar, shredded, or the Mexican blend kind shopping list
- hot sauce, I like homemade shopping list
- your choice of toppings (cilantro, sour cream, guacamole, etc.) shopping list
How to make it
- Start by sauteing onion and garlic till tender. Then add the zucchini and saute that a minute then add corn and tomatoes and saute only a minute or two.
- Heat the vegetable oil up in a pan and add 1 tortilla at a time frying only a couple seconds each side. Drain on a paper towel.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a shallow dish add 1 can of enchilada sauce. Dredge a tortilla in the sauce liberally. Then place in a 9X13 dish open and start adding the filling. Start with the black beans, then the vegies, then some hot sauce, and ending in cheese. Don't over stuff them or they will be hard to roll. Repeat process until all tortillas are done. Pour remaining enchilada sauce from the dish over the top and open the second can if needed. Sprinkle some cheese over top of that as well.
- Bake 350 25-30 minutes until cheese is bubbly. Top with your favorite toppings!
The Cookmommyluvs2cook Santa Fe, TX
The Rating4 people
This looks and sounds yummy! I'll be making this very soon!lilliancooks in Long Island loved it
I made this tonight for dinner and it was VERY good!!! The only changes I made was to add salt and pepper while sauteing the zucchini and I also added an extra clove of garlic because I just LOVE garlic! I used 2 small zucchinis, 1 large can of black...morelilliancooks in Long Island loved it