ZatarFrom trev 5 years ago
How to make it
- Roast the sesame seeds and give them a bit of a grind with a motar and pestle. A coffee grinder is also good for this.
- Then mix in all the other stuff
- Store it in a well sealed container.
- Can be used in marinades, as a rub on all types of meat, great as a sprinkle on meats before roasting also vegetables.
- Also beats buying the inferior commercial versions.
- Zatar is mostly used with breads and according to me, the best of all uses for zatar is: mix a couple of tablespoons with sufficient olive oil to make a runny paste.
- Spread it on some flat bread and grill until lightly browned.
- You will need to put a second one under the griller as soon as you removed the first. You will be requiring seconds after eating the first while it's hot
- A friend from the middle east introduced zatar to me. He explained that this recipe varies from region to region. So, be prepared to adjust to suit your own tastes.
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cooktrev Bogangar, AU
The Rating6 people
A favorite Armenian restaurant (Pizzaria/Bakery) serves a Zatar pizza. Looking forward to giving this a try. Thanks for sharing :)californiacook in loved it
love it so going to make it up now - can't wait to throw it on some toast... good one mate!ditty in Brisbane loved it
Yum! Also tastes great on cheese opped pizza!dollhead in Mechanicville loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!