Mexican Pasta ShellsFrom chefmeow 4 years ago
- 18 uncooked jumbo pasta shells shopping list
- 32 ounces tomato sauce shopping list
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chili powder shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin shopping list
- 3/4 pound extra lean ground beef shopping list
- 1 small onion chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- 4 ounce can chopped green chilies drained shopping list
- 15 ounce can chili beans in sauce with juice shopping list
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 then cook and drain pasta shells as directed on package.
- While pasta is cooking mix tomato sauce, flour, chili powder and 2 teaspoons cumin.
- Cook ground beef and onion in saucepan over medium heat stirring occasionally.
- Drain well then stir in 1 teaspoon cumin, cilantro, green chilies and chili beans.
- Pour 1 cup of the reserved tomato sauce mixture into ungreased rectangular baking dish.
- Spoon 1-1/2 tablespoons beef mixture into each pasta shell then place filled sides up on sauce.
- Pour remaining tomato sauce mixture over shells then sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes then let stand uncovered for 10 minutes.