Best Ham Potatoes Au GratinFrom sweetwords 9 years ago
- 1 1/4 cup cooked ham shopping list
- 3 cups diced potatoes shopping list
- 1/3 cup green onion shopping list
- 1/3 cup green pepper shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon plain flour shopping list
- dash black pepper shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1 cup packed or heaping shredded sharp cheddar shopping list
- 1/3 cup ranch dressing shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350. Spray a 1-1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Cook potatoes in microwave in 1/4 cup water, stirring halfway through (important!).
- Gently mix ham and potatoes. Spread in casserole dish.
- Cook onion and green pepper in butter till tender. (Do not saute with ham - tastes better separate.) Stir in flour and black pepper.
- Add milk all at once and bring to a light boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to very low or turn off altogether.
- Add cheese and dressing. Stir till cheese melts.
- Pour sauce over potatoes and ham.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes in oven OR about 8 minutes in microwave.