Crepes with Strawberry FillingFrom riverrat715 7 years ago
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 2 tbsp. butter (melted) shopping list
- Pinch of salt shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract (optional) shopping list
- vegetable oil (for pan) shopping list
- Filling shopping list
- 1 lb cream cheese shopping list
- 1 pt whipping cream shopping list
- 1/4 cp powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp almond extract shopping list
- 1 qt. sliced strawberries shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Sift flour and mix with salt in a bowl.
- 2. Make a well and pour in eggs. Stir well.
- 3. Slowly pour in milk while stirring. Keep stirring batter until small bubbles form on the surface.
- 4. Stir in Butter.
- The batter does not need to stand before using it. However, if you do let it stand, you will most likely want to add 1 tbsp. of water before cooking with it. General rule of thumb: if it seems thicker than cream, add a little more water, and/or a little more milk.
- 1. Pour a little vegetable oil on a folded paper towel, and wipe the pan evenly. Keep paper towel at hand while preparing crepes, in case you want to give it another wipe.
- 2. Pour in 2 - 3 tbsp. of batter and quickly move pan around, so that batter spreads evenly, covering the whole surface with a thin layer.
- 3. Let cook for about 1 minute. Then, flip with a metal spatula, and cook other side for about 30 seconds.
- Repeat these steps until you are out of batter, stacking cooked crepes on a plate. Yum!
- Beat cream cheese til light and fluffy. Add cream and contiue to beat til very light and fluffy. Beat in sugar and extract. Spread on crepes. Spoon strawberries in center. Roll up and serve. Heavenly.
The Cookriverrat715 Small Town, WI
The Rating6 people
wow riverrat awsome this has got to be delicous thanks bunchesmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Scrumptious! Can't wait to try these.valinkenmore in Malott loved it
Love these, thanks for sharing your recipe. You have my 5 forks.henrie in Savannah loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!