Pork Chops and SauerkrautFrom terryr 4 years ago
- 4 center cut pork chops shopping list
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped shopping list
- 1TBS. olive oil shopping list
- 1 egg beaten shopping list
- 1 cup of italian flavored breadcrumbs shopping list
- 1 cup of applesauce shopping list
- 1 to 2 TBS. of light soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tsp. caraway seeds shopping list
- 1 jar of sauerkraut shopping list
How to make it
- Saute onions in oil until golden brown.
- Dip chops in egg and then bread crumbs to coat.
- Push onions to the side and add more oil if necessary.
- When oil is hot, add pork chops and brown on both sides on medium heat.
- Add sauerkraut to the pan and mix with the onions, sprinkle the caraway seeds into the sauerkraut, and pour the soy on top of each chop.
- Then top each chop with a TBS> or two of applesauce.
- reserve remaining applesauce to serve with the meal.
- Reduce heat to lowest temp. and cover the skillet, and cook for 45 to 60 minutes.
- Stick knife into chop at end to check for tenderness.
- When tender it is ready to serve.
The Cookterryr Vallejo, CA
The Rating9 people
Looks different and very good!pleclare in Framingham loved it
love sauerkraut and pork together,... Five forks
peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
Sounds great - thanks for the post! I'm with Peeta - 5 forks!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!