Barefoot Contessa Brownie PuddingFrom sparow64 5 years ago
- • 1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, plus extra for buttering the dish shopping list
- • 4 extra-large eggs, at room temperature shopping list
- • 2 cups sugar shopping list
- • 3/4 cup cocoa powder shopping list
- • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- • Seeds scraped from 1 vanilla bean shopping list
- • 1 tablespoon framboise liqueur (raspberry liqueur - optiona, I used triple sec, cuz that was what I had)) shopping list
- • vanilla ice cream, for serving shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Lightly butter a 2-quart (9 x 12 x 2-inch) oval baking dish.
- Melt the butter and set aside to cool.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the eggs and sugar on medium-high speed for 5 to 10 minutes, until very thick and light yellow.
- I don't have a paddle attachement...works fine without it)
- Meanwhile, sift the cocoa powder and flour together and set aside.
- When the egg and sugar mixture is ready, lower the speed to low and add the vanilla seeds, framboise (if using), and the cocoa powder and flour mixture.
- Mix only until combined.
- With the mixer still on low, slowly pour in the cooled butter and mix again just until combined.
- Pour the brownie mixture into the prepared dish and place it in a larger baking pan.
- Add enough of the hottest tap water to the pan to come halfway up the side of the dish and bake for exactly 1 hour.
- A cake tester inserted 2 inches from the side will come out 3 quarters clean. (or toothpick)
- The center will appear very under-baked; this dessert is between a brownie and a pudding.
- Allow to cool and serve with vanilla ice cream.
People Who Like This Dish 16
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating11 people
Sounds so delish! She has some great recipes. I adore chocolate and especially Brownies.gapeach55 in Covington loved it
Mmmmmm sounds really delicious .....cant wait to try it
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
OOOOhhhh I saw this episode and this looked amazingly delicious!! Thanks for posting it! ^5madmommy in Wayne loved it