Mushroom SoupFrom prince 8 years ago
- 2 lb. of sliced fresh brown or white mushrooms shopping list
- 6 c. of chicken stock shopping list
- 1/2 c. of chopped green onion shopping list
- 2 tbsp. of butter shopping list
- 1 c. of peeled and sliced carrots shopping list
- 1 c. of sliced onions shopping list
- 1 c. of sliced leeks (optional) shopping list
- 1/2 c. of sliced celery shopping list
- 1 tsp. of fresh thyme leaves shopping list
How to make it
- First add butter to a pot over medium flame.
- Saute the carrots, onions, leeks, and the celery.
- Now cook this until they are tender approx. 10 min.
- Next stir in the thyme and mushrooms and cook until tender approx. 5 min.
- Then pour in the stock and season.
- You will want to cook this over low flame for approx. 30 min.
- Ladle into serving bowls and serve!
- Green onions are great on top!
The Cookprince Miami, FL
The Rating2 people
Love the shrooms, I doubled the leeks and used veggie stock, plus a mix of oyster, shiitake and button mushrooms. I also used water to sautee since I can't do the oils. A filling lunch!jo_jo_ba in Oshawa loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!