Luscious Vanilla SliceFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- 250 gr cream cheese shopping list
- 250 gr unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 cup sugar (250 gr) shopping list
- 1 satchet gelatine shopping list
- 1 cup (250 ml) very hot water shopping list
- 1 dessert spoon vanilla essence shopping list
- 2 packets Lattice Bisquits shopping list
- Note: Lattice Bisquits have a lattice shaped pattern on one side; they are only slightly sweet: from the 'glazed' pattern side ( about 20 per pack ) shopping list
How to make it
- Prep time does not include chilling time
- Cream together the butter and cream cheese, add the gelatine which has been dissolved in the hot water.
- Add the sugar and the vanilla essence.
- Mix till dissolved and smooth
- Cover a flat oven-tray with Aluminum foil.
- Take the bisquits from one of the packets and place with the 'patterned' side down.
- Then pour the mix over the bisquits, and spread it.
- It will be very 'runny' but try to cover the bisquits without the mix running beyond them.
- The mix will firm up considerably when cooling; also, it will 'cure' so that the sugar grains, which is easily disernible in the fresh mix, seem to disappear.
- Then place the bisquits from the other packet on top of the mix,
- with the 'patterned' side up.
- Make certain that the top bisquit positions correspond fairly accurately with the bottom ones; if not, the slices will be a mess when you cut them.
- Put the tray in the frige.
- When chilled very well and firm, cut into individual slices.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating4 people
Love this! Sounds like a great cookie!gapeach55 in Covington loved it
love the delicous flavors on this one. great post thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Oh my goodness! Let's see...Cream cheese, butter, cookies--I'm there. Lovely! --Kn0x--knoxcop in Knoxville loved it
Sweet Tooth447 members
Quick N Easy123 members
Sweet Suite159 members
Dairy Preparations8 members
No Bake Desserts24 members
Quick Simple And Tasty52 members
Desserts Desserts Everywhere50 members
All Things Vegetarian65 members
Butter Is Better68 members