Awesome Shrimp ScampiFrom tangeemct 6 years ago
- 1/3 cup melted butter (don't use margarine) shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (or 2 tblsp pre-minced) shopping list
- 1 pound shrimp, cleaned and de-veined (optional to devein) shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh dense bread crumbs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed (optional) shopping list
- 1 lemon shopping list
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Use casserole dish big enough to support shrimp in one close layer and grease with 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Melt the remaining butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Add the garlic and gently saute until garlic softens, but does not brown. Set aside to cool
- Place half of the bread crumbs in an even layer in the bottom of the casserole. Sprinkle with the oregano. Place shrimp in the casserole in a single layer. Squeeze lemon juice over shrimp, then top with remaining bread crumbs. Sprinkle cooled garlic butter evenly over the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Sprinkle shredded mozzarella over the shrimp and place back in oven for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted
The Cooktangeemct Glen Burnie, MD
The Rating6 people
I love Shrimp Scampi, and this sounds wonderful! Thanks for the post and high 5.maureenlaw in ST LOUIS loved it
Delicious and quick! What a great combo!
TerryRterryr in Vallejo loved it