Hungarian Cabbage And NoodlesFrom chef2 7 years ago
- Hungarian cabbage and noodles shopping list
- 1 large cabbage (about 3 lbs), cored, thinly sliced (about 8 cups sliced) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- Freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 (12-ounce) package egg noodles shopping list
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds shopping list
How to make it
- Sprinkle cabbage with salt; let stand about 30 minutes. Squeeze dry; blot on paper towels.
- Heat oil in 12-inch skillet; add sugar and heat until sugar browns. Add onions; cook until they start to wilt. Stir in cabbage; saute, turning frequently, until tender, about 20 minutes. Season to taste with pepper. Transfer cabbage mixture and pan juices to large bowl; keep warm.
- Cook noodles in boiling salted water until tender; drain. Quickly toss noodles with cabbage and poppy seeds. Serve immediately.
- Yield: 8 to 10 servings.
- Source: "Foods From Eastern Europe Add Variety to Purim Menus" Judy Zeidler ST. LOUIS POST DISPATCH (on-line editon), 3/5/90
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cookchef2 Las Vegas, NV
The Rating4 people
I'm adding this to my "favorites" as well! I love Hungarian food and will try your recipe this week! Thank you so much for sharing!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it
another 5 to my fav chef!mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!