Chocolate Cinnamon BunsFrom chefmeow 4 years ago
- 2-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast shopping list
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup warm water shopping list
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa shopping list
- 2-1/8 cups flour shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter softened shopping list
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons milk shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts shopping list
How to make it
- Grease a square baking pan generously with butter.
- In a small bowl dissolve yeast and 1 tablespoon sugar in the warm water.
- In large mixing bowl combine shortening, salt, 3 tablespoons sugar, egg, cocoa and 1 cup flour.
- Beat mixture until smooth then stir in remaining flour to form stiff dough.
- Place dough in well greased bowl then cover bowl with plastic wrap and let rise in warm place.
- When doubled punch dough down and on a lightly floured surface roll dough into rectangle.
- Spread with butter then combine sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over dough.
- Loosely roll up jelly roll style then moisten edges with water and press together to seal.
- Cut rolls into 1” wide slices then place slices in prepared pan.
- Cover with kitchen towel and let rise 1 hour then bake 25 minutes.
- Combine powdered sugar and milk then mix well and spoon glaze over warm rules.
- Sprinkle nuts over glaze and serve while warm.