Eggplant LatkesFrom peetabear 7 years ago
- 1 large eggplant shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 2 cups unbleached natural flour shopping list
- 1 tablespoon baking powder shopping list
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups water shopping list
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste shopping list
- vegetable oil for frying shopping list
How to make it
- Peel eggplant; discard ends. Slice into 1/4-inch thin rounds. Then slice the rounds in half and slice into thin, julienne strips.
- Put in colander, salt, and let drain while preparing batter.
- In large bowl, beat up eggs. Add flour, baking powder, and 1-1/2 cups water. Mix well.
- Stir in eggplant and parsley. If batter is very thick, add more water. Batter should be thick enough to spoon.
- Heat about 1/4-inch oil in large frying pan. Place spoonful in hot oil to fry. Repeat with remaining latkes, cooking 4 to 5 patties at a time, flipping when golden on the first side. Do not crowd pan or they will not brown and crisp properly.
- Drain latkes on paper towels and keep warm in the oven at 250 degrees F until all are completed.
- 2-4 servings
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating8 people
I Have Always Used Potatoes For Latke's, This Has To Be Incredible Peeta. Thnx For Sharing.
Steffgoblue434 in Anniston loved it
Very nice posting. Can not wait to try! 5 Forks from us!
J and Mquaziefly in ALL POINTS loved it
Different and unique, and I love eggplant! High 5 from me!juels in Clayton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!