Turkish Butter Bread -keteFrom kutadkubilik 4 years ago
How to make it
- 1) Sieve flour with salt. In a separate bowl, yeast milk and water. Make a dough with this mixture. Cover with a damp tea towel and let the dough rest for 15-20 ( if its winter time rest for 1 hour)minutes.
- 2) After the resting period, break the dough into 4 pieces. Roll each dough about 30-32 cm in diameter. Spread 2 tablespoonful of butter for each bread and roll up the dough to form a twisty log. Then roll it again, this time 20-23 cm in diameter.
- 3)Pre- heat a lightly greased non stick pan or griddle then turn the heat to low and place the bread to cook slowly for about 7-10 minutes each side until they are golden and cooked through.when they getting golden Brown spread some butter on top of kete.. Repeat the same with remaining dough.
- 4) Cool the bread 5- minutes before serving.
- 5) when cooled, wrap them in a grease proof paper and store them in a plastic bag. They will keep for 3-4 days. Re heat them in a non stick pan the next day to warm them before serving.