Spaghetti Squash with Lemon and CapersFrom sparow64 5 years ago
- 2 large spaghetti squash shopping list
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 8 tablespoons sweet butter shopping list
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained shopping list
- 1/4 cup diced zucchini (rind only) shopping list
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper shopping list
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 4 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves shopping list
- 1/4 cup julienne tomato concasse (peeled and seeded) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400
- Cut both squash in 1/2 lengthwise and scoop out all seeds.
- Rub them inside and out with the oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the squash cut side down on a sheet pan or cookie sheet and cover with foil.
- Place in the oven and cook until the rind is slightly soft or gives with a little pressure, about 20 minutes.
- When they are done, scrape the meat out with a fork and reserve, keeping warm.
- In a hot skillet, melt the butter and continue to cook until dark brown. Add the capers, zucchini, and bell pepper to stop the butter from cooking any further, and cook, stirring, until tender.
- Stir in the lemon juice and parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large mixing bowl mix the squash, butter sauce, and tomatoes and serve.
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating4 people
Your right, lemon and capers always work! Dooleydooley in Krum loved it
Love it....Always looking for something new to do with spaghetti squash!!wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it
Sounds yummy!! ^5windy1950 in Flint loved it