Kartoffelsalat German Potato SaladFrom bondc 7 years ago
- 2 lbs. red potatoes shopping list
- 1/3 lb. bacon shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 stalk celery, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 t. dry mustard shopping list
- 1 t. each: sugar and flour shopping list
- 4 T. cider vinegar shopping list
- scant 1/2 c. beef broth shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- parsley for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Cook the bacon until done, reserving the fat, and crumble the bacon and reserve.
- Boil the potatoes in their skins until done. Cool, then peel the potatoes and slice into a bowl.
- Cook the onion and celery in the fat until soft and transparent. Add sugar, flour, and dry mustard and mix well, then add broth and vinegar. Cook until it thickens (a bit — it won't be real thick).
- Pour over potatoes, add crumbled bacon, and mix VERY gently. Salt and pepper to taste, and garnish with parsley. Serve at room temperature.
The Cookbondc State College, PA
The Rating4 people
there are about as many recipes for german potato salad as there are family - most families have their own recipes. this is certainly one of the cherished old ones with something added that could not be had in germany of old - the stalk celery (which...morekochhexe in Butzbach loved it
Yeah German food I love potatoe saladmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
I make this about once a year, love it! Yummmmshirleyoma in Cove loved it