Lemongrass ChickenFrom valinkenmore 5 years ago
- 2 dried red chiles (or 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper), seeds removed shopping list
- 4 stalks lemongrass, ends trimmed, tough outer stalks removed, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces shopping list
- 6 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups light coconut milk shopping list
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, cut in half on the diagonal shopping list
- 3 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 medium red onions, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 1/2 medium red bell peppers, thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons rice wine shopping list
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil leaves shopping list
How to make it
- To make seasoning: With the machine running, drop the chiles, followed by lemongrass and then garlic, into a blender and process. Pulse several times, until the mixture forms a paste and becomes smooth; set aside.
- To make coconut sauce: In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients; set aside.
- To prepare chicken: Place chicken breasts on a cutting board. With the blade of a sharp knife parallel to the board, thinly slice breasts; set aside.
- In a 3-quart casserole or a large skillet with a lid, bring 2 cups water to a boil. Add green beans and cook until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes; drain. Refresh under cold water; drain again.
- Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil in the same pan over high heat until very hot. Add chicken and stir-fry until cooked through, about 3 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate; drain excess fat.
- In the same pan over medium-low heat, warm remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil. Add seasoning and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium. Add onions and stir-fry 1 minute, then add bell peppers and rice wine; stir-fry 1 minute. Cover and cook until the vegetables are tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high. Add beans and coconut sauce; bring to a boil. Add chicken, cover, and simmer until the beans are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in basil and taste for seasoning; add more salt if necessary. Scoop chicken and vegetables into a bowl and serve with steamed rice if desired.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookvalinkenmore Malott, WA
The Rating6 people
Magic recipe! I have all the ingredients for it! I may well try this tomorrow!
Thanks Val!sitbynellie in Glasgow loved it
I think that I had this before some where BUT I can't remember where I had it at though.But it is very good though.sandygalesmith in Saint Joseph loved it
I've never bought lemongrass before although I'm sure I've eaten it w/o knowing it in Thai restaurants. Sounds delicious, Val. ;')justjakesmom in Everett loved it