Sun Dried Tomato GuacamoleFrom pleclare 5 years ago
- 1/2 medium onion,chopped into small pieces shopping list
- fresh hot green chilies(2 serranos or 1 jalapeno,stemmed,seeded and finely chopped shopping list
- 1/4 c soft sun-dried tomatoes,chopped in small pieces (patted dry on paper towels if oil-packed) shopping list
- 1/4 c coarsely chopped fresh cilantro,plus a little extra for garnish shopping list
- 3 med-large (about 1-1/4 lbs) ripe avocados shopping list
- salt shopping list
- 1 or 2 Tbs. fresh lime juice shopping list
- A little fresh Mexican queso fresco for garnish (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Scoop onion into small strainer and rinse under cold water. shake off excess water and trander to a large bowl,along with green chilies and tomatoes.
- Cut around each avocado,from stem to blossom and back again.,then twist to seperate halves. Scoop out pit,discard. Scoop flesh from the skin and add to bowl. Usong a large spoon,mash the avocados into coarse puree,mixing in all the flavorings. Taste and season with salt and lime juice,usually 1 tsp. salt,lime juice is personal taste.
- Cover with wrap directly on surface and refrigerate till readt to use. Sprinkle with a little chopped cilantro and queso fresco.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating8 people
And here I thought I made good Gaucamole - this is wonderful!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
I love Rick Bayless' recipes - some are sooo complicated though. I have one of his cookbooks. This sounds fantastic! ;')justjakesmom in Everett loved it
Nice Flavors Goin' On In There Pat. I Think This Sounds Really Delicious.goblue434 in Anniston loved it