Blackberry Angel Food CakeFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar divided shopping list
- 1 cup sifted cake flour shopping list
- 12 large egg whites shopping list
- 1-1/4 teaspoons cream of tartar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blackberries shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sifted cake flour shopping list
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind shopping list
- Glaze: shopping list
- 1 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Sift together 1/2 cup sugar and 1 cup flour.
- In large bowl beat egg whites with a mixer at high speed until foamy.
- Add cream of tartar and salt then beat until soft peaks form.
- Add 1 cup sugar 2 tablespoons at a time beating until stiff peaks form.
- Sift flour mixture over egg white mixture 1/4 cup at a time and gently fold in.
- Fold in vanilla and blackberries.
- Combine 2 tablespoons flour and lemon rind then toss to coat.
- Sprinkle over egg white mixture then gently fold in.
- Spoon batter into ungreased tube pan and spread evenly.
- Break air pockets by cutting through batter with a knife then bake cake 40 minutes.
- Invert pan and cool completely then loosen cake from sides of pan using a narrow metal spatula.
- Invert cake onto plate then combine powdered sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Stir well with a whisk then drizzle over cooled cake.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!