Turkish Eggplant SaladsFrom kutadkubilik 6 years ago
- • 3 eggplants shopping list
- • 2 green bell pepper, sliced fine shopping list
- • juice of 1 lemon shopping list
- 2 large garlic clove, crushed shopping list
- • salt and ground black pepper shopping list
- • a handful of fresh parsley, chopped shopping list
- • 2 Tbsp olive oil shopping list
- • 2 large fresh tomatos, peeled and chopped shopping list
- • 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 cucumber,chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Wash the eggplant and prick all over with a fork. Place on the grill (before the meat as it takes longer to cook). To make sure it cooks evenly, turn it occasionally using the stem as a handle. When the skin of the eggplant looks quite burnt, make sure the flesh is soft right through by testing it with a fork.
- 2 Hold the eggplant under cold running water to cool, then peel the skin, leaving the soft flesh. Slice it into a serving dish and add the tomatoes, bell pepper, garlic and cucumber .
- 3 Place the onion in a separate dish and rub with a good pinch of salt, then wash and drain. Add to the salad along with the parsley.
- 4 To make the dressing, combine the lemon juice, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle over the salad and serve.
The Cookkutadkubilik Istanbul, TR
The Rating9 people
Lovely pics and recipe. You deserve more than a 5.
Vickie gave you a 5 and a flag .victoriaregina in USA loved it
Great history too!victoriaregina in USA loved it
Fabulous post!hi 5 all the way in everyway!midgelet in Eastern loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!