Double Baked Potato with Low Fat Yogurt and Crispy OnionsFrom grizzlybear 5 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Pierce the potatoes with a fork in several places. Place the kosher salt in a roasting pan, lay potatoes on top and bake until fully cooked, about one hour. Remove potatoes from the oven and allow to cool until you can handle them.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out the potato pulp into a bowl, leaving about 1/4-inch of pulp all around to form a potato "shell." Combine the potato pulp and yogurt, using a fork to mash together.
- Brush the potato skins with one tablespoon olive oil and place them back into the oven to continue to cook until crispy, about 20 minutes. Meanwhile, sauté the onions in the remaining olive oil over very low heat until well browned and caramelized, about 15 minutes. Add cooked onions to the potato pulp mixture; season with salt and pepper.
- When potato skins are done, remove them from the oven and spoon the pulp mixture into the skins, dividing up the mixture evenly. Return potatoes to the oven again and bake for an additional 10 minutes before serving.
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!