Aromatic Roast Beef With PotatoesFrom hungerhealer 7 years ago
- 2 kg beef chuck WITH bone shopping list
- 6 lrg potatoes peeled , rinsed and randomly cut into 4cm x 4cm pieces shopping list
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- salt shopping list
- freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 2 tbsp dry oregano ( if you can't find throubi ) shopping list
- 1 tbsp dry thyme shopping list
- 2 tbsp dry sage shopping list
- 2 tbsp dry rosemary shopping list
- love and passion for cooking shopping list
How to make it
- Rince the beef (one piece with bone) under running water and make sure that there aren't any tiny pieces of bone on it . Do NOT cut beef in portions .
- Place the meat at the one side of a relatively deep oven pan .
- Place the potatoes NEXT to the meat , spread out .
- Mix all spices and herbs in a cup . Toss the mixture on top of the meat and potatoes , evenly , then using your hands , tumble them all around . Do NOT leave any potatoes beneath the meat .
- Pour the olive oil on top , evenly , WITHOUT tumbling .
- Place oven pan in the oven , preheated to 220 dgr Celcius , on the lower scale and immediately decrease the temp to 150 dgr .
- Roast for 120 min , turning the meat around every 30 min . Do NOT turn the potatoes around AT ALL .
- 10 min before ending , set oven to grill . There should be NO water on the bottom of the pan at the end . Check evry time you turn the meat . Water should gradually evaporate .
- Kali orexi !! ( bon appetite )
The Cookhungerhealer Athens, GR
The Rating7 people
I cook with Greek Oregano all the time . Flagged, saved and fived. Please keep them coming and accept my friend's invitation.victoriaregina in USA loved it
Sounds wonderful Love greek oregano!pleclare in Framingham loved it
Great meal!!! I added carrots the kids insisted.ladyarp in Hixson loved it