Fried CabbageFrom spicey571 7 years ago
- * 3 slices bacon, cut into thirds shopping list
- * 1/3 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- * 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste shopping list
- * 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste shopping list
- * 1 head cabbage, cored and sliced shopping list
- * 1 white onion, chopped shopping list
- * 1 pinch white sugar shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Place the bacon and vegetable oil into a large pot over medium heat.
- Season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until bacon is crisp.
- Add cabbage, onion, and sugar to the pot; cook and stir continuously for 5 minutes, until tender.
- Great recipe, but I think it is better if you double the bacon and omit the vegetable oil. Next time,
- I also will try dipping out the bacon before adding the cabbage and onion,
- then adding the bacon back after the cabbage and onion have been fried. The bacon does get a little soggy if you keep it all in the pot together.
People Who Like This Dish 9
- Good4U Perth, Canada
- californiacook CA
- valinkenmore Malott, WA
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- dollhead Mechanicville, US
- delo3342 Texarkana, AR
- whenpinkyspalatetalksyoushouldlisten Fairfax
- coldfan01 Oak Harbor, WA
- binky67 Ellicott City, MD
- crazeecndn Edmonton, CA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔