Jelly Roll with Lemon CreamFrom sista 6 years ago
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup superfine sugar, plus extra for dusting shopping list
- 2/3/ cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- Sifted powdered sugar and finely grated lemon zest, to decorate shopping list
- For Filling shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups mascarpone cheese shopping list
- Finely gtrated lemon zest and juice of 1/2 lemon shopping list
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice shopping list
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Grease and line a 10X15 inch jelly roll pan.
- For the sponge, using a hand-held electric mixer, whisk the eggs and sugar together in a large bowl until the mixture is pale, creamy and thick enough to leave a trail on the surgace when the whisk is lifted.
- Sift and fold the flour in three batches. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan, tilting the pan backwards and forwards to spread evenly. Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes, or until risen and golden brown, and the cake springs back when lightly pressed.
- While the cake is cooking, lay a sheet of greaseproof paper on a work surface and sprinkle liberally with superfine sugar.
- Quickly turn the hot cake out onto the sugar-dusted paper and remove the lining paper. Trim off the crusty edges, score a cut half an inch in from one of the shorter ends, then roll the cake from the scored short end with the paper inside. Place on a wire rack and leave to cool.
- For the filling, put all the filling ingredients in a bowl and beat together until smooth and well mixed. Carefully unroll the cake, remove the paper, and spread the filling mixture evenly over the cake. Re-roll the cake.
- To decorate, dredge the cake with sifted powdered sugar and sprinkle with lemon zest.
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cooksista Upstate, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!