Ultimate Italian ice cream sandwichesFrom grizzlybear 7 years ago
How to make it
- Carefully spread a generous scoop of softened ice cream on the top of one pizzelle cookie. Drizzle with chocolate syrup, top with a second pizzelle and carefully press together until ice cream just reaches the edges. Wrap in Reynolds Cling Wrap and place in the freezer. Repeat until all cookies have been used. Reserve remaining ice cream and chocolate sauce for future sundae use. Freeze for at least 2 hours prior to eating, this allows the ice cream to reharden. Yield is approximately 12 depending on the number of cookies in your package.
- Flavor twists:
- Try stirring a handful of chocolate chips, fresh raspberries or sliced strawberries into the ice cream before spreading, drizzling with chocolate sauce and assembling. Allow creativity be your guide, use whatever flavor of ice cream appeals to you and add ingredients based on the tastes of your family and friends.
- Adult dessert Suggestion:
- In a small decorative bowl or martini glass, add two scoops of vanilla ice cream and drizzle generously with port wine. I suggest using a good flavored port, Break a pizzelle into several pieces and press gently and decoratively into the top of the ice cream. I have served this lots of times and it was an easy, elegant dessert .
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
The Rating12 people
Man! All these dessertsfloating around I am sure to pack on the pounds.karlyn255 in Ypsilanti loved it
One of my favorite all time ways to enjoy pizelles! Of course, in my case they're gluten-free pizzelles, but no difference in taste, thank God. YUM!crabhappychick in Pittsburgh loved it
Spark up the Pizelle maker! looks goodlaurieg in Wilmington loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!