Tropical New York Style CheesecakeFrom coconutgirl 5 years ago
- Macaroon Crust (plus cookies): shopping list
- 4 egg whites shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups organic whole sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup Tropical Traditions coconut flour shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups flaked, unsweetened dried coconut shopping list
- cheesecake filling: shopping list
- 5 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1 cup organic whole sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons Tropical Traditions coconut flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 tablespoon pineapple frozen juice concentrate, thawed shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
How to make it
- Crust: Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Grease spring-form pan with coconut oil and dust with additional coconut flour or line with wax paper or parchment.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg whites, vanilla extract, almond extract, and cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar and whip until stiff.
- Toss together coconut flour, salt, and coconut in a separate bowl; fold into egg whites.
- Use only enough to make a 1/2 inch crust in the bottom and sides of a 9-inch spring-form pan for cheesecake and make cookies (by heaping tablespoons) with the rest.
- Bake 12-20 minutes, or until lightly browned. (Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet before removing.) Makes enough for 1 crust and 20 cookies.
- Filling: Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, coconut flour and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Add pineapple juice concentrate and sour cream; mix well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended. Pour over crust.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Carefully run knife or metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim of pan. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Top with fresh sliced strawberries and vanilla frosting or cherry or blueberry pie filling. Store in the refrigerator.
The Cookcoconutgirl Camarillo, CA
The Rating4 people
Just love this!!! great post !5
ps: I love and use virgin organic coconut oil and love most coconut anything!!!midgelet in Eastern loved it
This is a great recipe going to try it tonight!
will let you know how it comes out. Thanks (^_^)embers in New York loved it