Turkish Patlican Oturtma -eggplant With Ground BeefFrom kutadkubilik 4 years ago
- 2 eggplants, peeled and cut into ½ inch thick slices shopping list
- 1 big onion, chopped shopping list
- ½ lb (200 gr) ground beef shopping list
- 2 tomatoes, diced / 1 cup tomato in a can/ 1 tbsp tomato paste shopping list
- 1 cup oil for frying the eggplant shopping list
- 1 green pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- ½ tsp cumin shopping list
- ½ tsp black pepper shopping list
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced thin (optional) shopping list
- ½ cup hot or warm water shopping list
How to make it
- Peel the whole eggplant or you can peel striped. Slice them in ½ inch wide and then place them in a bowl and cover the eggplants with water. Let them stand for 30 minutes in water. Then, drain the eggplants and wipe with a piece of cloth. In a large skillet place the oil and fry the eggplants until they change in color. Do not over fry for not to damage the pieces. Place the fried eggplant pieces in a Pyrex dish and sprinkle salt on them.
- You can use the same skillet or a smaller one. Place the ground beef and 1 tbsp oil and cook until the meat changes in color. Then add the chopped onions and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add the chopped peppers, garlic (optional) tomatoes or tomato paste and ½ tbsp salt. Sauté for 5 minutes. Finally add the cumin and black pepper. Spread this mixture evenly on the fried eggplants and add the hot water.
- and cook for about 20-30 minutes.
- You can serve this dish with pilaf and yogurt.
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookkutadkubilik Istanbul, TR
The Rating6 people
Absolutely delicious pictures! gosh, thank you!!555555555555555555555555ttaaccoo in Buffalo loved it
The pictures are great and so is the rest of this tasty recipe. Thank you and a High 5...shibattou in Fort Mohave loved it
Fantastic!!!wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!