Smothered Chicken Tenders With Chicken GravyFrom donman 6 years ago
- 1-1 ½ pounds of chicken breast tenders shopping list
- 1 small onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 2-12 oz jars of Heinz classic chicken gravy shopping list
- 1-6 ½ oz can of sliced mushrooms, drained (optional) shopping list
- 2/3 cup of white wine shopping list
- Pam cooking spray shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Salt and pepper the chicken tenders.
- Spray a large skillet with PAM.
- On medium heat, lightly brown the chicken tenders then remove them from the skillet and set aside. (about 2 minutes on each side)
- Deglaze the skillet with the wine.
- Sauté the onion and mushrooms in the wine until the onions are translucent or until the wine cooks off. (About 5 minutes)
- Add the gravy to the skillet.
- Add the chicken back to the skillet.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes stirring occasionally (Until the chicken is cooked through)
- Serve over freshly cooked white rice.