CLAMS CASINOFrom grizzlybear 3 years ago
- 4 slices bacon (sliced) shopping list
- 1 oz minced onion shopping list
- 1 oz minced red pepper shopping list
- 1 oz minced green pepper shopping list
- 6 oz butter shopping list
- 1 tbsp lemon juice shopping list
- 2 tsp worcestershire sauce shopping list
- Tabasco sauce shopping list
- 4 lbs scrubbed clams shopping list
- 2 oz fresh breadcrumbs shopping list
How to make it
- Fry bacon until done and save 2 tbsp of fat.
- Sauté onions and peppers in bacon fat until tender; remove from heat and cool.
- Combine 4 oz of butter, the lemon juice, Worcestershire, Tabasco, bacon, and sautéed vegetables and chill.
- Add the clams to the butter mixture and sauté until the clams open.
- Melt 2oz of butter in a sauté pan and toss the breadcrumbs in the butter. Top each clam with a portion of breadcrumbs.
- Bake at 400 degrees until lightly brown and bubbling, approximately 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
The Rating7 people
Luv it!!!californiacook in loved it
Wonderful, just wonderful. 5 of course and I will look up my recipe.victoriaregina in USA loved it
Sounds delish! Love clams fried but never tried this.gapeach55 in Covington loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!