Lemon Yum Yum CakeFrom choclytcandy 6 years ago
- cake Batter: shopping list
- 8 oz butter shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 4 tsps. baking powder shopping list
- 3 cups unbleached white flour (sifted) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 cup milk (room temperature) shopping list
- 2 tsps. vanilla or lemon extract. I would increase to 2 tbs for more flavor. shopping list
- cake Filling: shopping list
- 4 oz butter (melted) shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. unbleached white flour shopping list
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 cup pecans (chopped) shopping list
- lemon Topping: shopping list
- 5 eggs (well-beaten) shopping list
- 1 2/3 cups sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 Tbsps. lemon juice. I used all the juice from an entire lemon. shopping list
- 2 Tbsps. lemon rind (grated) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat Oven 325 degrees
- Grease and flour two 9 inch cake pans
- Cake Batter:
- Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Sift baking powder, flour and salt together. Add to butter mixture. Add milk and vanilla. Mix thoroughly. Pour batter into cake pans. Bake at 325 degrees for 45-50 minutes (this may be too long. I would check it at 35-40 minutes---mine was kind of dry at 50 min.) The cake did not get completely golden.
- Remove cake from oven and cool 5 minutes. Remove cakes from pans and cool on wire racks.
- Cake Filling:
- In a large bowl, mix cake filling ingredients. Set aside. I would run everything except the butter and pecans through a food mill or blender. I didn't and the cake was sort of grainy.
- Lemon Topping:
- In a medium size saucepan, thoroughly mix eggs, sugar, lemon juice, and rind. Stir continuously on a low flame for 7 to 10 minutes, until mixture thickens. Make sure eggs do not cook too fast. Remove from heat. This topping has a very nice lemon flavor.
- When cake is thoroughly cooled, place 1 cake layer on serving dish. Spread all of the cake filling on top of first layer, covering it completely. Next, place the other layer on top. Spread lemon topping on top of cake; then spread sides with remaining topping. Keep in refrigerator. Serve cool or at room temperature.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
The Rating8 people
A CAKE does not get any better
than this "5"FORK!!!!! 'Beauty'~
Thank-you for sharing~
~*~mj~*~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
My mouth is watering! Home town stuff here!
Thanks for the post!
Valerievalinkenmore in Malott loved it
Yummy!!!Absolutely delicious.Thanks for sharing!ambus in Lahore loved it