Apfelkuechen Apple CakeFrom peetabear 4 years ago
- 11 oz plain flour shopping list
- 8 oz sugar shopping list
- 5 oz butter shopping list
- 2 egg yolks shopping list
- pinch salt shopping list
- 1 lb cooking apples (or drained, canned apples) shopping list
- juice of 1 lemon shopping list
- pinch cinnamon shopping list
- 2 oz raisins shopping list
- 2 oz ground hazelnuts shopping list
- 2 oz ground almonds shopping list
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam shopping list
- 2 oz icing sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons kirsch or cherry brandy shopping list
How to make it
- Sieve the flour into a bowl. Stir in 5 oz of the sugar and rub in the butter. Add egg yolks and salt, and mix quickly to a dough. Chill for 20 minutes.
- Roll out half the dough to line a 10 inch flan ring. Bake at 400 degrees F. for 15 minutes.
- Peel, core and slice the apples and mix with remaining sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, raisins and nuts. Moisten with a little water to blend.
- Spoon into the baked pastry shell and smooth out. Roll out the remaining dough to cover the filling (you can also make decorative strips to cover the flan).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Cool in the pan overnight.
- Warm the jam and spread over the cake.
- Combine the icing sugar and kirsch, spread over the jam and leave to set
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating5 people
Yum, yum, yum!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
me too, love anything apples! great post!midgelet in Eastern loved it
Mmmmm!!!Thank Peeta for the recipe...its sounds great!ambus in Lahore loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!