Hot Sweet and Sour Chinese EggplantFrom midgelet 5 years ago
- 2 long Chinese eggplants, cubed ( any eggplant will work. I shopping list
- leave the skin on) shopping list
- 1 onion, diced shopping list
- 1 bell pepper diced shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, minced shopping list
- 1 6oz. can of sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp. of garlic chilie sauce (found in the Asian section of the grocery store) shopping list
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce shopping list
- 3 tablespoon red wine vinegar shopping list
- 3 tablespoon sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch shopping list
How to make it
- .. In a small bowl, stir together the soy sauce, red wine vinegar,sugar, garlic chile sauce, cornstarch.
- Set the sauce aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Fry the eggplant, onion, green pepper, mushrooms and garlic covered, over med. high heat, stirring often, until it is tender andbegins to brown, about 10 - 15 minutes.
- Pour in the sauce, and cook and stiruntil the sauce is
- thick and the eggplant is evenly coated.
- Serve immediately.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating7 people
I am loving this recipe. easy and yum yum! High 5 from me!cherryflower70 in Dibrugarh loved it
another great post and a print try and save for sure thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
This is one of my favorite dishes at Chinese restaurants...but haven't been able to enjoy it since needing to go gluten-free. Hurrah! Now I can make it at home using gf soy sauce! Thanks for making an old fav possible again. 5, hon.crabhappychick in Pittsburgh loved it