Thanksgiving TamalesFrom hot_it_up 6 years ago
- 2 lbs. of Masa shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons paprika shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons salt shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon sage shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon cummin shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons celery seeds shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons garlic powder shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons onion powder shopping list
- 2 cups turkey or chicken broth shopping list
- 3/4 cup lard shopping list
- Filling shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds shredded turkey( more if needed) shopping list
- small jar red pepper jelly shopping list
- small can cranberry sauce shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons butter shopping list
- salt, pepper, and chili powder to taste. shopping list
- Package of corn husk. shopping list
How to make it
- Go through the dried cornhusks, separate them and discard the silk, be careful since the husks are fragile when dry.
- Take the first 4 ingredients of the filling in a skillet cook on medium stiring
- until sauce and jelly have melted and coated turkey. add salt, pepper and chili powder to taste.
- Soak husk in warm water 30 minutes. pour of water cover.
- In a large bowl, beat the lard with a tablespoon of the broth until fluffy. Combine the masa with all dry ingredients stir in the lard mixture, adding broth as necessary to form a spongy dough.
- Spread the dough out over the corn husks to 1/4 to 1/2 inch thickness. Place one tablespoon of the meat filling into the center. Fold the sides of the husks in toward the center and place in a steamer. Steam for 1 hour.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookhot_it_up Columbiana, AL
The Rating4 people
I have always wanted to find a recipe
like this! Thank-You so much for posting this
I will try it soon~ with the help of my
~*~mjcmcook~*~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
Love these and love tamales! 5UP
Diannediannehocut in Little Rock loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!