Apple Coffee CakeFrom hunnee 5 years ago
- 1 cup flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 5 1/2 Tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 1/2 cup whole milk shopping list
- 1 medium Cortland or other baking apple, peeled and sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Set the oven to 375°F. Grease a 9-inch square baking dish with or pie pan a 4-cup capacity.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a bowl, combine 1/3 a cup of the sugar with the cinnamon, set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter with the remaining 1/3 cup sugar. Beat in the egg until blended. Add the flour mixture in three additions, alternating with the milk, beating until just combined.
- Spread half the batter in the baking dish. Lay the apple slices on the batter so they just cover the batter (you may have to overlap some slices). Sprinkle the apples with half of the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Spread the rest of the batter over the apples. Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon-sugar on top.
- Bake the cake for 25 minutes or until it is golden brown and apples start to bubble at the edges.
The Cookhunnee Nanaimo, CA
The Rating6 people
sounds good ..my mother use to make something similar to this ... good post. 5peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
Yum!pleclare in Framingham loved it
I love anything apple and when you stick 'em in a coffee cake, even better! Five forks from me!
Bettyrecipesrule in Winnipeg loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!