Fresh Side Pork BaconFrom thegoldminer 8 years ago
How to make it
- I cook this type of bacon in a microwave. It can be fried in a pan or broiled. I like it microwaved as the grease is largely remove and no mess on the stove or oven.
- It is cooked in newspaper. The grease is leaving the bacon and moving into the paper. No ink or anything goes to the bacon. I use many sections of the paper. I lay the bacon on a section, sprinkle salt on this side and fold paper over. Lay this section on two folded sections and place in the microwave. Cook 4 minutes, remove holding corners up so grease won't drip out. Place all sections on the counter, open. Have another section opened and ready. Using thongs, then transfer the bacon to the new section, turning the strips over and salt this side. Fold closed, put on two sections of paper and cook 3 minutes,
- Remove, transfer to new open section, no salt, its done being salted. Fold close and cook 2 minutes. Remove, new paper, cook 1minute. Remove, transfer and cook 1 minute.
- Remove, open, blot pieces with paper towel and eat. I like it crispy. Cut last cooking time of 1 minute for less crisp. It is a lot of words, sorry about that, it all comes down to changing the paper so the grease is constantly removed. You can cook pancakes or whatever during cooking times.
- This is what bacon tasted like before nitrates and nitrites.
The Cookthegoldminer Sacramento, CA
The Rating1 people
I love fresh side fresh from the farm! My local "organic" meat farmer sells it and I cannot figure WHY nitrate cured bacon is even sold and bought after eating side. I cook it the same, just salted up. Tastes fresher of course!mintymommybee in Anderson loved it