Red SangriaFrom krumkake 5 years ago
- 1 apple, cut into bite sized wedges shopping list
- 1 orange, cut into bite sized wedges shopping list
- 1 lemon, cut into bite sized wedges shopping list
- 1 lime, cut into bite sized wedges shopping list
- 2 bottles shiraz shopping list
- 1/2 to 1 cup sugar, depending on how sweet you like your sangria shopping list
- 1 bottle champagne, extra dry, chilled shopping list
- 1 cup triple sec liqueur, chilled shopping list
- 2 quart bottles of Frenchberry Sparkling lemonade (available at Trader Joe's - or any berry flavored sparkling lemonade you can find) shopping list
- OR 2 quart bottles of pomegranate Flavored Sparkling soda water (or any carbonated pomegranate drink would work, I'm sure) shopping list
How to make it
- About 2 to 4 hours before serving, pour the wine and sugar over the fruit wedges and allow the fruit flavors to infuse into the wine (refrigerate the mixture during this time).
- When ready to serve, pour in champagne, Triple Sec and carbonated lemonade OR soda water.
- Serve in glasses with some of the fruit in each serving.
- NOTE: As long as all of your ingredients are chilled first, there should be no need for ice in the serving cups, as that tends to melt and dilute the sangria. We found that adding everything after it had been well chilled worked great.
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating6 people
Sounds good - we had some last night at a restaurant and it wasn't very good - but this sounds so tasty! I would like to know what you put in your White Sangris. No one around here knows how to make it!
Have a great weekend.
Valerievalinkenmore in Malott loved it
oh so goood!!midgelet in Eastern loved it
Another delicious sounding Sangria! I also prefer the white, but this one sounds equally yummy!juels in Clayton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!