Blueberry Almond SnickerdoodlesFrom peetabear 4 years ago
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened shopping list
- 2 tablespoons shortening shopping list
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds shopping list
- 1/4 cup dried blueberries shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- ICING: shopping list
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 1 to 2 teaspoons 2% milk shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and 1/3 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg.
- Combine the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt;
- gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Stir in almonds and blueberries.
- In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and remaining sugar.
- Shape dough into 1-1/2-in. balls; roll in cinnamon mixture. Place 2 in. apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For icing, combine confectioners' sugar and enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over cookies.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Yield: about 1-1/4 dozen.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating4 people
My husband loves Snickerdoodles and blueberries are his favorite fruit. I'd say these will be a must have in our house! Thanks and a big five from both of us!mrsc543 in North Reading loved it
I know these will taste great! Hope your head is feeling better today. High 5.m2googee in Tomball loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!