Milk Chocolate Orange PieFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 9" pie crust baked and cooled shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 2 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 2 egg yolks shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1/3 cup fresh squeezed orange juice shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups milk chocolate chips shopping list
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened shopping list
How to make it
- Beat egg yolks in a small bowl then combine sugar, cornstarch and flour in a heavy saucepan.
- Using a wire whisk stir in water until smooth.
- Cook this mixture over medium heat until boiling stirring constantly.
- Cook and stir 2 minutes then stir about 1/4 cup of cooked mixture into egg yolks and blend.
- Return egg yolk mixture to saucepan and cook 2 more minutes stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter and juice.
- Transfer 1/2 cup of the cooked filling to a small bowl with milk chocolate chips.
- Set rest of filling aside.
- Microwave chip mixture on low for 2 minutes or until chips are melted stirring until smooth.
- Beat cream cheese and add milk chocolate chip filling mixture and beat well.
- Spread over cooled crust then spoon mixture over cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate 4 hours to set.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating4 people
This does sound heavenly! Thanks to you and your church friend for sharing this recipe. 5!mrsc543 in North Reading loved it
This was delish! I made it this for my co-worker celebrating a birthday. It was a hit. Not too complicated but very high on the tasty scale. Thanks so much for sharing. Everyone wanted the recipe and that is the biggest compliment of all.CreativeCat in Toronto loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!